You Are Here:
Home > Making Stemless Wine Glass Candle Lamps
Stemless wine glass candle lamps will color and brighten up every tabletop, especially when lit when they can additionally give a soft and warm glow of light that sets a romantic or intimate mood to every wedding and evening party setting. Here are our tips on how to make stemless wine glass candle lamps. You can make them as a special do-it-yourself project for your event or as a way to recycle your old but good stemless wine glasses.
Stemless Wine Glass Candle Lamps with Paper Shade
Think that wine glass candle lamp will only look good with stemmed wine glasses? Wait until you try making your stemless wine glasses into candle lampshades!
You will need: Vellum paper or paper doilies, double-sided tape, stemless wine glass, wine glass lampshade template1
1. Print wine glass lampshade template on computer paper and cut it along the lines.
2. Try it on as a lampshade cover of your stemless wine glass and adjust it, if needed, to fit your stemless wine glass.
3. Place vellum paper over the template and trace it with a pencil. You can also reduce or enlarge the printing size of the template to your needed size.
4. Cut vellum paper and close the two ends with double-sided tape.
5. Embellish vellum paper with paper cutouts, dried leaves, peacock feathers, and the like to make it more attractive.
6. Place and light a tea light candle inside the stemless wine glass.
7. Cover stemless wine glass with your vellum paper lampshade cover.
Tip: Use different colors and styles of vellum paper to add color, texture, and dimension to your set of stemless wine glass candle lamps.
Themed Stemless Wine Glass Candle Lamps
When the perfect candle holder to match the theme or motif of your wedding is hard to find, just an artistic inspiration and a few brush strokes can turn your stemless wine glasses into themed glass candle lamps. The egg-shaped bowl and non-stem design of stemless wine glasses specially makes them favorable for face-themed wine glass candle lamps. To try, here are what you will need and how to make your own special occasion stemless wine glass candle lamps:
You will need: Design template or pattern, scotch tape, glass paints, Chinese paint brush
1. Insert your design template and secure with scotch tape inside the bowl of the stemless wine glass.
2. Paint the exterior surface of the stemless wine glass following the colors and designs on your pattern.
3. Let dry, insert a tea light candle, and decorate your stemless wine glass candle lamps on a tabletop.
Tip: Spray paint the exterior surface of your stemless wine glass to ace a very simple-looking but elegant glass candle lamp, with orange and black to make a face of the pumpkin for Halloween, a snowy outdoor scene for your holiday parties, and many others.
Zen Garden-Style Stemless Wine Glass Candle Pots
Create a unique Eastern-Western fusion in your patio or garden by decorating zen garden-style stemless wine glass candle lamps.
You will need: stemless wine glasses, miniature clay pot for plants, garden soil, pebbles or river rocks, herbs or faux flowers, and tea light candle for each stemless wine glass.
1. Fill the miniature clay pot with garden soil.
2. Fill approximately 1/4 of each stemless wine glass with garden pebbles or river rocks.
3. Place stemless wine glass on top of the garden soil, or center it on top of the miniature clay pot.
4. Insert herbs or faux flowers on the garden soil around the stemless wine glass.
5. Decorate on the middle of your patio's dining table or garden coffee table.
Mosaic Stemless Wine Glass Candle Lamps
If you love the idea of a jewel-like glow of light shed by your stemless wine glass candle lamp, then mosaic stemless wine glasses candle lamps may be what you are exactly looking for.
You will need: Stemless wine glass, design template on paper, scotch tape, tile adhesive, mosaic tiles, craft stick, glue, grout, plastic grout spreader, sponge, soft cloth or paper towel2
1. Clean the surface of the stemless wine glass thoroughly and secure the pattern on the interior surface of the stemless wine glass using a scotch tape.
2. Apply a thin layer of tile adhesive on one side of the exterior surface of the stemless wine glass using a craft stick.
3. Add a drop of glue to the back of each tile.
4. Glue the mosaic tiles on the exterior surface of the stemless wine glass following your desired color and designs, leaving 1/8-inch space between each tile.
5. Set aside for 30 minutes and repeat the same procedures until you have completely covered the exterior surface of the stemless wine glass.
6. Let your mosaic stemless wine glass dry overnight.
7. Spread tile grout over and in-between the tiles using a plastic grout spreader, allowing them to become smooth and even with the surface of the tile. Let the grout harden once you have finished adding it to the stemless wine glass.
8. Wet a sponge with cool water. Use the dampened sponge to lightly wipe excess grout from the mosaic tiles of the stemless wine glass.
9. Dry your newly-created mosaic stemless wine glass candle lamps overnight. Carefully loosen any excess grout from the mosaic tiles' surface using a craft stick.
10. Polish your mosaic tiles with a soft cloth or a paper towel for a clean, shiny finish.
11. Insert a tea light candle to light up your mosaic stemless wine glass candle lamp.
2How to Make a Mosaic Candle Holder. http://www.ehow.com/how_2209605_make-mosaic-candle-holder.html